Enjoy two nights at the lodge with a free day to explore Queenstown. After breakfast on the next day drive the scenic road (or be driven) to Invercargill to board the lunchtime flight to Stewart Island.
Your hosts and guides will meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation at Sails Ashore Boutique Homestay, hosted by Peter and Iris.
After settling in you'll be taken by boat to lovely Ulva Island. This predator free bird sanctuary with its unique flora and fauna is a showcase for conservation in New Zealand. You are accompanied by Peter who was the ranger responsible for Ulva Island at it's inception and appears to know all the birdlife personally.
Return to Sails Ashore in time for dinner at one of the town's restaurants.
Next morning Peter will take you on a 4WD scenic tour of Oban Bay peninsular before returning you to the airport for your flight to Invercargill and the drive back to the lodge in time for afternoon tea and your last night at Remarkables Lodge.
- Three nights at Remarkables Lodge, breakfast and dinner
- One night at Sails Ashore Boutique Homestay, breakfast only
- Return flights from Invercargill to Stewart Island
- Ulva Island adventure with private guide (3 hours incl. boat ride)
- 4WD tour of Stewart Island with private guide (2 hours)
- Airport transfers Queenstown and Stewart Island
- Self drive to Invercargill (1.5-2 hours), excludes car hire
- Self drive: NZ$2,100 Lodge room, NZ$2,500 Lodge suite
- Chauffeur driven: NZ$2,850 Lodge room, NZ$3,250 Lodge suite
- Costs are per person, twin share. Prices valid until 30/9/2008